= nikkimountain: How to Break Your Addiction to a Person
Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How to Break Your Addiction to a Person

Last night I rambled on about addictions.....well It got me thinking. So I went out and bought this book titled "How to break your addiction to a person" By Howard M, Halpern.. Very interesting indeed. This book covers everything from the chemical reactions that are triggered in our brains from certain stimuli to societial views, etc. Its very interesting understanding that we are creatures of habit, and the chemicals in our brains play an enormous role in our evey day decision making, and thought process....I am beginning to feel like a robot and now finally understand why my ex boyfriend mocked life, love, and religion, and was of the strong belief that we are all puppets. Science takes the romance out of life. Science creates the cynic. I suppose ignorance really is bliss. Is it possible to become addicted to a person?? Hmm....sounding eeriely familiar. Throw science, some amazing sex, a huge ego and a little bit of O.C.D in a blender, and see what you get! Its really hard to accept any addiction especially to another person! Deny, deny, deny!!!! It can't be!!!! No way not ME!!! Well I am going to read this wonderful book this evening in an effort to validate my denial!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home